The Center for the Study of New Testament Manuscripts (CSNTM) is seeking an organized, self-starter to join the team as an Office and Events Manager.
The Office and Events Manager reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
This is a part-time (30 hrs/week), in-person position with benefits available.
If interested, please email a cover letter and résumé by email to both Dr. Daniel B. Wallace, CSNTM’s Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org, and Mark Gaither at email@example.com. Begin the subject line with: OEM2022.
The position of Office and Events Manager, as the title suggests, combines two interrelated roles. The office manager role keeps the day-to-day operations of the organization running smoothly and efficiently, involving financial and administrative duties. The events manager role leads the team in the execution of board meetings, donor engagement events (“Snapshot”), the biennial CSNTM Text & Manuscript Conference, and educational seminars.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years’ work experience [non-profit settings preferred]
- 2+ years event planning experience
- Thoroughly proficient with standard office software
- Adaptive and resilient
- Highly organized
- Coordinate expense-tracking with remote bookkeeper
- Process donations and complete bank deposits
- Assist with maintaining the CRM (Constituent Relationship Management) system
- Organize and maintain financial and other important records, physical and digital
- Coordinate payroll and assist with human resources administration
- Schedule meetings and ensure remote access for off-site personnel
- Maintain CSNTM staff calendar
- Assist the COO in maintaining a joyful and efficient work environment
- Assist with travel arrangements for staff, interns, and volunteers who serve on CSNTM expeditions or attend conferences
- Collaborate with COO on scheduling and executing board of directors’ meetings, both in-person and virtual
- Collaborate with the Development Director on the planning and execution of donor engagement events (“Snapshot”)
- Collaborate with COO on planning the annual staff retreat
- As occasions arise, schedule and prepare for educational meetings, usually with donors at the CSNTM office
- Every two years, collaborate with the Research Team to host the CSNTM Text & Manuscript Conference
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Familiar with accounting and banking procedures
- Familiar with constituent management software
- Ability to think and make decisions collaboratively, strategically, and creatively
- Enjoys making order out of chaos